Tuesday 29 September 2009

Gaining control.

Where do i start? . . . I gained 5lbs over the last few day:::::::, its disgusting, im disgusting. And i still cant gain control. Yesterday mother made me dinner and insisted that i ate it, i dont know what that was about. She never makes me eat, even when she found my journal she didnt make me eat. I hope she has not suddenly found an interest in my eating, that would suck so bad. Im not used to people going on at me too eat and she keeps shoving food down my throat as soon as i walk in the door. And my friend, well shes one of my best friends except at lunch when she really really gets on my nerves. Lets call her 'Ella'. Well every lunchtime ella wants to go to some grubby takeaway place, and im not even exagerating. EVERY single lunchtime. You would think she would be sick of it by now. When im fasting i can resist and feel so much better for not giving into food. But when im not fasting i usually end up giving in, today i had a chicken sandwich thing. Probly about 500 calories, but at least i managed to say no to the fries. So i am slowly gaining control.

And whats so funny about her, is she's consistly on a 'diet' . The other day she told me she can go 4 days without eating easily lol. I dont know where she got that idea from, ive never seen her go one lunchtime without eating. Grrrr. Well thats my rant over!
One good thing that happened this week, i gotta phone call from river island(clothes shop) and got asked for a interview next week. I cant wait, if i can get a job on the weekends it will help stop me bingeing every weekend. Its funny how thats the only reason i want a job.
I am undecided as to what i should do tomorrow, in terms of eating. I feel in so much control when im fasting, but i usually dont lose that much weight fasting. And i know it slows down your metabolism. I feel like ive failed if i havent fasted. What do you guys think is better. . fasting or restricting? and if restricting, what is your average daily calorie intake?

Oh and thankyou all on your exercise plans. Ive decided to take up jogging thanks to *princess*smile*. Its actually not that bad when you have some good songs on your ipod. The only problem is the terrible weather in england(n).
Hope you are all having a good week:)

Lexy xx

4 comments:

  1. i think restricting is the only way to go. fasting makes u depressive, binge and eventually die. Restricting is just demonstrating pure control, everyone is different when it comes to how much they allow. I have a very high number 1000 a day or lower, but I jog too, but thats probably why I still weigh 125 lol. most peoples intakes are lower than that but I wouldn't advise going below 800 or you just can't successfully live your life below that in my opinion. & I am glad I inspired you to jog :)
    good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. i too vote restricting. maybe it's because i get so cranky and bitchy when i fast that i know i just shove everyone else away, but restricting just seems the sanest way to go since it also means less damage to your metabolism. most people on average seem to do between 600 and 800 when they restrict (at least that's what i saw in a poll on a blog a few weeks ago). of course, it's different for everyone and i would suggest easing yourself into whatever amount you want, not just going straight to a low number so that way it's less of a shock to your system.

    good luck! and by the way, i'm sure some of that five pounds is water weight or a fluke if not all of it!

    xoxo,
    rubes

    ReplyDelete
  3. I realized(today actually) that fasting doesn`t work for me. What I prefer is eating small :)
    And I think it is kind of logical to lose weight and mantain it if you don`t deprive your body food, but rather give it just a tiny bit.
    So yeah, I`d go for restricting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey girl! just wanted to say thanks for the encouraging words!!!

    also, i used to do better with fasting but it becomes hard to resist binging, especially for me... so I usually restrict and I try to stay under 500 cals. If I'm 'fasting' and feel like I'm going to slip (ALWAYS!!!) then I promise myself something small at a later time between 200-300 cals.

    Good luck hunnie!
    Stay strong!
    <3

    ReplyDelete