Thursday 24 September 2009

All or nothing.

I've been doing so well lately with my fasting and i know ive only fasted for 4 days and that sounds pathetic to some people but i havent been able to gain control for so long. I kinda feel like im doing too well and im going to trip up anytime soon and gain, gain, gain. That thought is too painful right now. I feel so in control and its great and to make matters even better, my mum's hairdresser came round yesterday and i havent saw him for a couple of months. He said it looked like i'd lost weight, i graciously thanked him and walked into the front room. I was happy i had the biggest, cheesiest grin across my face it probly closely resembled that of the chesire cat's smile!

I haven't even felt hungry which has really surprised me, ive not had the desire to binge at all. I usually end up bingeing from the smallest bit of food, ill convince myself that 'one bite wont hurt' then 'one more wont do any damage' then another, then another until eventually im stuffing my face like an animal because 'im going to gain a pound anyway' and have to eat everything i have missed whilst ive been fasting. I usually end up bingeing until im sick or repulsed by the sight of food.
It's kinda like i have to have it all or nothing at all, and ive found im like that with most things in life. Im either obsessive about it or have no interest, i cant just do things in moderation. Like alcohol i cant have a little bit i have to be paraletic drunk, or i wont touch it.

But everything been pretty good at the moment. Oh apart from my social life, ive been finding myself making up excuses not to go out with friends because i know it will either involve food or alcohol(alcohol is my biggest weakness, i can never say the simple two letter word N O), and i dont like being the only sober one. I just cannot risk losing contol its too precious and fresh at the moment. But because of this ive not been getting asked out as much anymore because everyone knows ill make up some excuse, i dont know whether this is a good or bad thing because being thin is way more important.
How do you guys manage a social life??

Im really really worried that i will slip up this weekend because ive been busy all week with college etc, and not really had the time to think about food. But being stuck at home with the family and food is going to be hard. Especially how they insist they have to have a takeaway every saturday(grrr!). I might go and stay with my boyfriend Olly this saturday, but then he'll be wondering why im not eating. This weekend is going to be my biggest challenge, if i can overcome this then im sure ill do alright next week. I wanna lose three pounds by tuesday.
Well i hope you girls have a good weekend:), and thankyou all for the support on my last post its really helped!

Lexy xx

5 comments:

  1. i have the same binging problem :(...
    but try to stay away from the mere sight of food...it might help...that's what I do... :)
    anyhoo, i hope u have a good, strong, THIN weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lexy,
    thanks for your comment!
    Perhaps since we're in the same weight boat we could try being buddies. my e-mail is dreams2bdesired@gmail.com
    ~Mina Belle

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm on my day 4 too!! I really REALLY can't decide on whether to eat something right now or not...this feeling of having to go eat something is like...gnawing at the back of my whole body!! It's terrible, I don't want to, but my body wants to and...I just don't know.
    Maybe I'll just go get some coffee and wait until tomorrow, but then tomorrow I'll probably do the same thing.

    Anyways, I do the same thing when I binge, I just eat and eat and eat. I hate that. But I know you can be strong and not binge this weekend!!!

    Think thin and stay strong and if you want to be e-mail buddies my e-mail is rfeadabook_@hotmail.com

    stay strong!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like my life!

    I don't have friends, so that helps with the social life. lol, Seriously, my only friend (my best friend) lives an hour and a half away...And then I spend most of my time with my boyfriend, who would freak out if he suspected anything...So I eat normally around him. Well, not normally, but I'll have a decent-sized meal. But I make it a general rule to only eat around other people.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi!

    Four days is longer than I've ever been able to manage...I just recently completed my first 1 day fast. big deal. lol. Good job!

    I usually have that all-or-nothing thing with alcohol too. Same with smoking pot. If I'm drinking and I start to feel the "fun" feeling sneak in, I have to have more and more until I'm almost sick. Ugh.

    I usually get such a guilty conscience with alcohol too, because its empty calories. I usually get around this by just ordering diet soda (that is, if you drink at bars. They're usually so loud nobody except the bartender can hear what you're ordering anyway) or getting drinks with diet soda in them. I have been trying to avoid beer (as much as it pains me) because each one is like eating a sandwich, and it takes a lot to get drunk. Try drinking diet cola and rum, or vodka. Or some other diet soda. Skip juice...its pretty caloric too.

    Stay strong, and thanks for visiting!

    xo

    Emily

    ReplyDelete